This document was last updated at 1 November 2017.
Data that we collected or received
We, Techcomm, may collect information about you in several different ways. Please take care when submitting information to us – the process of data collection may be automated and we may not recognize that you have provided us with incorrect, incomplete or sensitive data. We collect your personal data when:
- You register or use registration for our Services through Facebook Connect or “Sign in with Facebook” or by any other similar authentication means;
- You otherwise interact with Techcomm, in particular when you use the “Sign in with Facebook” or similar button on our website; and/or
- You otherwise voluntarily provide such data, e.g. by registering with your e-mail address and password or by filling out and submitting a form made available to you through Techcomm’ website or the Services.
We also may collect any personal data concerning you or any third party that you have chosen to make accessible to general public, e.g. through Facebook APIs or YouTube APIs, on various social networks or anywhere else on the internet.
For purposes of analysis and improvement of our Services, our servers may automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our Services, including:
- IP address;
- Browser type and language; and
- Date and time of your request.
If our Services are purchased by an entity, it is the individual users within such entity’s organization who sign for our Services and whose personal data are collected, as described above. Where such entity provides us directly with any personal data of its employees or other individual users that it authorized to access the Services, it must have all necessary consents, permissions or registrations to process and to provide to us its employees’ or users’ personal data.
How we use the data we collect
We may use the personal data (even sensitive data) collected from you through your use of the Services. In addition, we may complement and combine your personal data that you provided to us with data collected from our other Services that you use and with data from publicly available sources.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you;
- For verification purposes (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- To provide a better user experience (including services that display customized content or advertising of our Services) and more seamless customer support;
- To improve and enhance our existing Services and develop new offerings;
- To contact you in the future regarding our Services;
- For marketing and sales purposes (see section Marketing communications, below); and
- For the purposes of product and market statistics, research and analytics, benchmarks and other analyses (see section Anonymous statistic, below).
If you no longer wish to use the services available on Techcomm or receive service-related messages, you may contact us via email anytime as stated at the end of this document.
Sharing your personal data for legal and business purposes
We may use and/or disclose to third parties (including government bodies and law enforcement authorities, our affiliates, professional advisors, or a third party purchaser or seller) information about you when:
- Complying with legal process;
- Enforcing or defending the legal rights of Techcomm, and in connection with a corporate restructuring such as a merger, business acquisition or insolvency situations
- Preventing fraud or imminent harm; and
- Ensuring the security of our network and services.
This information will be shared provided that, in all such circumstances, we will only share the limited personal information that is required to be shared in the unique situation.
In order to manage our operations, we may cooperate with third parties and transfer selected data to such third parties. In case applicable law requires a specific legal mechanism to transfer such data, we will always ensure that such legal mechanism is implemented (see Section 6 for further details). Currently, third parties to whom data relating to you and your use of the Services may be transferred, and the purposes of such transfers include:
- Google Inc., headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043, United States; used in particular as e-mail client and as document storage;
- Microsoft Corporation Inc., One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, United States; used in particular as e-mail client and as document storage;
- Amazon Web Services, Inc., headquartered at 410 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98109, United States; used to store data of our website and platform;
- MailChimp® of The Rocket Science Group, headquartered at 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000 Atlanta, GA 30308, United States; used to manage e-mail campaigns;
- PayPal Holdings, Inc., headquartered at 2211 North First StreetSan Jose, California 95131, United States; used in card payment processing;
- GitLab B.V., 1233 Howard St 2F San Francisco, CA 94103 United States; used for management of internal processes and monitoring of employee tasks (internal ticketing system;
- to inc., #6 – 8 Tirgoņu iela Rīga, Latvia, LV-1050, United States; used for client requests tracking (client ticketing system).
We may use aggregated anonymised data derived from the personal data provided by you or collected by the program analytics for a number of purposes as outlined above. We may use such data in particular for our own statistics, for auditing, for the purposes of product and market research, for analytics (which helps us to improve our products, the range of products and to develop new technologies, products, and services), and for benchmarks and other analyses. Additionally, we may choose to publish such anonymised data and to share it with third parties outside of Techcomm. We will not directly or indirectly transfer any data received from you to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset.
We may send you various newsletters or communications which may include, for instance, details about the Services and their features, including newsletters containing special offers in which you may be interested. We may also send you invitation to events that we organize. For these purposes, we may share your contact details with our vendors or business partners who provide services or functions on our behalf, including event organization, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, payment processing, customer service, or public relations. These third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions on our behalf and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Your marketing communication preferences may be changed at any time by following the instructions below:
- If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link and/or instructions placed at the bottom of the email.
- Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your marketing communication preferences.
Please note that we may occasionally send you important information (including via email) about our Services that you are using or have used including changes to applicable terms and conditions and/or other communications or notifications as may be required to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations.
These important Service communications are not affected by your marketing communication preferences.
Security of your data
The security of your data and personal information is important to us. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your username, password and computer secure by signing out after using our services. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your data may be accessed by Techcomm’s subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of providing the Services to you.
Access to your data and your rights
If your data is incorrect or if you believe that our processing of your personal data is in contradiction with the protection of your private and personal life or in contradiction with the law, you have the right to access and correct your personal data, to request blocking, correction, supplementing, or liquidation of your personal data.
You can at any time request information about the processing of your personal data, and we will provide such information to you.
In addition, you may revoke your consent allowing Techcomm to process your personal data at any time; however, in such case, we may no longer be able to offer you our Services.
If you have any concern with regard to protection of your personal data, contact us at:
Techcomm Solutions Limited
RM 1505, 15/F, Yu Sung Boon Building,
107-111 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong.